Macros Per Serving
Per 1 Slice Stuffed Toast
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon Jam ( I used a blueberry and cherry jam)
- 2 Bread 1½ inch thick slices ( I used french bread, but you can use any kind of bread)
- 2 tablepsoons Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/8 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Butter for griddle
- Preheat a griddle or a large skillet.
- Prepare your filling. For each slice of bread I mixed 1 tbsp of jam to 2 tbsp of cream cheese and stir until desired smoothness is reached. You can change the ratio based on how thick you want your stuffing. I left mine on the thicker side. Slice the bread into 1½ inch thick slices, about two fingers thick. Slice a horizontal pocket into the bread being careful not to cut all the way through. Place the jam and cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and fill the pocket.
- Once all the bread is stuffed, prepare the egg mixture. Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, protein powder and vanilla. Carefully dip the bread into the egg mixture and coat both sides.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the griddle and add the coated bread. Cook until golden brown and flip to cook. Should be about 4 minutes per side depending on the heat of the griddle.
- Serve with syrup, sprinkle with powdered sugar, or heat up some jam and serve over top
So play around and make whatever kind of stuffing you want ? Here are some ideas:
- Peanut Butter and Banana
- Strawberry Cream
- Almond butter and chocolate chips
- Coconut butter cream
- White chocolate raspberry
- Crushed mixed nuts
Some alternatives to keep in mind to keep it lower cal! Feel free to use Walden Farms Zero Cal Chocolate Syrup, as well as Zero Cal Maple Syrup. Stuff is amazing! (Especially the maple syrup)