Macros Per Serving
Makes 7 Pop Tarts
- 2 1/2 Cups Spelt Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 8 Tbsp Nutella
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, starting with all the dry ingredients first.
- Mix until you have a big ball of dough.
- Lay out some flour on your countertop and using a rolling pin, roll out dough until its all an even thickness.
- For shaping, I used a circular egg shaper but formed it into a rectangle. If you dont have anything to shape them in rectangles, use a mug and shape them into circles or parallelograms or an isosceles triangles. ?
- Once you have cut pieces, put 1 Tbsp of Nutella in the center of half of them.
- Lightly coat the edges with some egg( its acts as a glue), place second piece overtop and using a fork, seal all the sides.
- Place these creations on parchment paper and bake for 15-18 minutes. Just until they’re golden brown.
Also, I wanted to add, you don’t have to fill these with Nutella. Now that you have the recipe for the delicious dough base, experiment and try making your own different kinds of filling. Next time I make these, Im going to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly poptart! Just an idea ?